problem with interMedia/playing a sound with JMF

From: Christian \ <Christian.Gulich_at_IN.Stud.TU-Ilmenau.de>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 16:28:46 +0100

Hallo,
i hope i'm in the correct group for my question. I want to play a sound directly from my database using JMF. It originates from an .mp3-file.
I created a stored procedure "getsound_by_id" in my database, which has the content and the mimetyp of a OrdAudio object as a result. After, I inserted this procedure in my ordjmf.properties, it looks like this:
"user=scott

password=tiger
url=jdbc:oracle:oci:@TestDB
getVideoByID=getvideo_by_id
getSoundByID=getsound_by_id"

When now I try to open the URL "im://retrieval/getSoundByID/1" in JMStudio, where 1 is my soundid, i get the following error message:

"Unable to handle format: mpeglayer3, 44100.0 Hz, 16-bit, Stereo,
LittleEndian,
Signed, 20000.0 frame rate, FrameSize=32768 bits

Failed to realize: com.sun.media.PlaybackEngine_at_2452e8

Error: Unable to realize com.sun.media.PlaybackEngine_at_2452e8

Failed to realize: input media not supported: mpeglayer3 audio"

I already registered "oracle.ord" in JMF Registry, too. (Playing a video works fine - so it really should be done.) When I try to play the the sound from its original file itself, then it works fine. Does anybody know, where my mistake is?

Many thanks, Christian

PS: I'm using Oracle9i Release 2 (9.2.0.1) Received on Thu Dec 11 2003 - 09:28:46 CST