Re: install problem

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:32:06 -0800

Régine DESSOUBRET wrote:

> hello,
>
> the only message is this one during the install:
>
> Thrown when the ip adress of a host cannot be determined
>
> gilles
>

> "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 1071108037.829831_at_yasure...
>

>>Régine DESSOUBRET wrote:
>>

>>>Hello everybody,
>>>

>>>I am installing oracle 8i on a hpux 11.00 and after choosing what I want

>>>install in oracle installer , I have
>>>Thrown when the ip adress of a host cannot be determined
>>>
>>>Everything seem ok for my network. my dns is working, my host can be

> pinged
>
>>>and telneted without problem. Eveything seems perfect but always the

> same
>
>>>message.
>>>
>>>Can somebody help me or direct me to a  solution.
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance
>>>
>>>Gilles
>>>

>>>--
>>>grdessoub_at_noos.fr
>>
>>I see no Oracle error message anywhere in your post. Do you?
>>
>>--
>>Daniel Morgan
>>http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/oad/oad_crs.asp
>>http://www.outreach.washington.edu/ext/certificates/aoa/aoa_crs.asp
>>damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
>>(replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)

Help us out here. Where is the message? What is the message? If you want help you have to meet us 1/2 way. I still can not find any message in what you have posted. And '8i' is not enough. Are you installing 8.1.5, 8.1.6, 8.1.7? On a file system or raw devices?

At what stage of the installation are you getting the message? Is it at the part where it configures SQL*Net?

And as long as we are here ... did you go into SAM and set the kernel parameters as instructed in the installation docs and then reboot before you started the install?