Re: kill session actually nicely ask for suicide ...

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 10 Dec 2003 14:32:22 -0800

"Giovanni Azua" <bravegag_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<br6va7$9m8$1_at_ID-114658.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> Hello all,
>
> Is there really a way to KILL!!!! a session
> because the "marked for kill" can easily last
> couple of days, this thing is irritating being
> not preemptive at all.
>
> Best Regards,
> Giovanni

Find the process id from v$process and v$session tables.

Use OS to kill it. Be sure you are killing what you think you are killing.

PMON then cleans it up. Much more prompt than SMON.

I've found it is usually useful to write a shell script to grab information beforehand, varies depending on how the application does things and tends to screw up. For example, one place had a separate app admin to whom we did not want to give root and SYSTEM passwords to, so I wrote a script to get various useful user information like where in the world their computer is, then let her run it with the sudo utility.

Also see http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/guilty.html

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"Government is not the enemy.  Government is simply a tool that can be