Re: Internal lock

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 10 Dec 2003 13:13:41 -0800

"Ofer" <oferr_at_realcommerce.co.il> wrote in message news:<br6lk8$57s$1_at_news2.netvision.net.il>...
> that usually helps for loads... I have latch contentions...

If those latch contentions happen to be for the mechanisms for extending tables, going to LMT will move it from being in the data dictionary to the file headers. If you are adding lots of articles or surfer work table extents, this could make a big difference.

> "Doron" <doron_almog_at_msn.com> wrote in message
> > you probably need to migrate to locally managed TS.
> >
> > "Ofer" <oferr_at_realcommerce.co.il> wrote in message
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I have a problem with Oracle internal locks increasing daily.
> > > I've raised the db_block_lru_latches parameter up to 4 times my CPU
> count,
> > > it helped for a while, but now I have high internal locks again.
> > >
> > > Environment: Oracle 8.1.6; my main application does not allow use of
> bind
> > > variables; I run a news internet site, so usually most of the surfers
> browse
> > > the same article...
> > >
> > > Does anyone have an idea for a way to reduce internal locks?
> > >
> > > I monitor my DB with SQL PRECISE application

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"Should I stay or should I go?  If I stay there will be trouble.  If I