Re: very poor SYS view performance (8i) / fragmented data dictionary

From: Uwe Kuechler <gg.3.ukuechle_at_spamgourmet.com>
Date: 10 Dec 2003 08:01:03 -0800

"Noons" <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam> wrote in message news:<3fd6f6f7$0$1025$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...

> Queries on a fragmented dictionary tend to
> produce some weird plans. I'd suggest you
> help the optimiser a bit by re-working your
> query to depend less on ALL_CONSTRAINTS.

Noons,
Thanks for your suggestions, but as I stated earlier, the said queries are generated by third-party software. Modification of those queries is therefore unfortunately NOT an option. What do you exactly mean with "fragmented dictionary"? Physically fragmented? I already thought about re-creating the whole DB, but is this really the only option I've got? Can be quite annoying with a terabyte-size DB...

> select
> to_char(null), "what the heck is this for?"

Nice sense of humour ;-)
Well, that's what you often get to see when tools generate their SQL dynamically.

Regards,
Uwe Received on Wed Dec 10 2003 - 10:01:03 CST