Re: Deadly sins againts database performance/scalability

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 8 Dec 2003 21:42:29 -0800

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote

> That's half a latte'. How about DBMS_PROFILER and other built-in packages?

They don't know how to use expain plan. I have tried numerous times to get them to use TKPROF. Access to DBMS_PROFILER? They won't know what to do with it.

FWIW, they do have access to workspaces, replication, directory objects and a bunch of other stuff that I as an Oracle developer would love to have my hands on. Also trying to get them to use OEM and JDeveloper. But the only thing they can use is TOAD.... <sigh>

> If you get it right send me your postal address off-line and the latte'
> is yours.

Does it come with several cases of beer? ;-)

--
Billy