Re: Help: Oracle Export and Select Statements

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Dec 2003 16:19:40 -0800

Martyn.Jones.Uk_at_Ntlworld.com (Martyn Jones) wrote in message news:<cde7d2ef.0312081109.50a82305_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi
>
> Can anyone point me in the direction of exporting an Oracle Database
> but with a select statement attached to the export command statement.
>
> I can remember reading somewhere that this was possible, but have
> mislaid the information.
>
> For reference:
>
> I have a database that is over 3Gb in size and when the export file is
> compressed it is reduced around 1.5Gb. What I am looking for is a way
> to export and Oracle Database in smaller chunks. I know you can use
> the TABLES= parameter, but this is of no use to me as I have over 1000
> tables.
>
> I am looking to say only export tables name begining A%, B%, C% in one
> file, tables name begining D%, E%, F% in one file, and tables name
> begining X%, Y%, Z% in one file.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Regards
>
> Martyn Jones

Martyn,

exp help=y
read the page.
I'd recommend the use of the FILESIZE parameter and supply a list of file names.
It does not hurt to have an extra one there.

e.g.

snipped from an export.par file:

FILESIZE = 1073741824

FILE=(/oracle/backup/mysid/exp/exp01.dmp,
/oracle/backup/mysid/exp/exp02.dmp,
/oracle/backup/mysid/exp/exp03.dmp,
/oracle/backup/mysid/exp/exp04.dmp)

hth.

Pd Received on Mon Dec 08 2003 - 18:19:40 CST