Absolute minimum for Oracle portal to work

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 00:08:04 GMT

What is the absolute minimum that needs to be working for Oracle Portal to work? I've been trying to evaluate it, but so far has spent 3 days installing it. I am past compilation problems, and db creation problems. The things that 'failed' are Internet Directory Configuration Assistant, Infrastructure Instance Configuration Assistant, Oracle 9i Application Server randomize password, Single SIgn-on Config Assistant, mod_osso config assistant, and OPMN Configuration assistant (DAS Instance). ANd this is just the 'infrastructure' part. I don't want to start the portal installation, since it depends for some of these services to be up.

This product is evil! What happenned to the simlicity of WebDB? All I want is to run some stinking reports.

BTW, I tried RTFM, it's just not clear what's needed for what, and I don't want to configure services I don't need.

Thanks.
We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Mon Dec 08 2003 - 18:08:04 CST