[REPOST] RMAN Architecture

From: Latyr <latyr-nospam_at_free.fr>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 20:52:16 +0100

Hello

I am working on RMAN since a while.
Taking a RMAN repository wich is a small dedicated database on server A and production database on a différent server B. A and B are both running Win2000/Oracle8i server. I want to perform backup IBM Tivoli to backup to tapes.

What should I do ?

1/ Install and configure Tivoli TSM / TDP on machine A

2/ Install and configure Tivoli TSM / TDP on machine B

3/ Install and configure Tivoli TSM / TDP on machine A and B

If 2/ or 3/, that it means RMAN doesn't allow a centralised architecture ? I mean that if I want to backup other databases on others machines that I need to configure Tivoli on them too.

It would be perfect if I can configure Tivoli on the RMAN server and then backup as many database I want without any more work except register the database and store backup scripts.

I apolodize for my poor english.
Hope you understood my questions.

Thanks Received on Mon Dec 08 2003 - 13:52:16 CST