Re: developer privs in development (old thread inaccessible)

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 8 Dec 2003 15:34:42 -0600

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003, gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl wrote:
> On 8 Dec 2003 09:08:16 -0600, Galen Boyer
> <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com> wrote:
>

>>DBA's don't want their code to come under scrutiny.  If
>>everybody focuses on the source code, then we all have one
>>place to do things from.

> Why would DBA's need to do that? Don't they already have enough
> on their hands dealing with the bootload of crap that usually
> comes from developers?

I see. DBA's are blessings to development teams. All they touch is golden.

Well, until the DBA's get their crap into source control, how can they actually ever prove that the developer's created crap? As far as anybody knows, the dba's just loaded up the crap they are getting all pissed off about.

We build and deploy from CVS and in the controlled environments, only from tags.

--
Galen Boyer