Re: 4 instances of oracle 8iAS

From: Frank <fbortel_at_nescape.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 22:18:09 +0100

RDJR wrote:

> Frank <fbortel_at_nescape.net> wrote in message news:<bqsro3$g1j$1_at_news3.tilbu1.nb.home.nl>...
>

>>RDJR wrote:
>>

>>>Running Apache 1.3 on HP-UX 11.i
>>>
>>>Here is what I need-
>>>
>>>4 Apache Instances using 4 different IP addresses all on port 443.
>>>
>>>I need the production port to be the root of the URL.
>>>
>>>https://www.example.com/ --------production
>>>
>>>I need a test instance.
>>>
>>>https://www.example.com/test -------test
>>>
>>>I need 2 development instances
>>>
>>>https://www.example.com/dev1 ---------------dev1
>>>https://www.example.com/dev2 ---------------dev2
>>>
>>>Any suggestions on how this would most easily be accomplished using
>>>the 4 instances of apache?(Each Apache instance is running Oracle
>>>instances, I need the www.example.com/ to stay the same for Verisign
>>>licensing reasons.)
>>>

>>>Thanks for any suggestions in advance.
>>
>>RTFM on apache, especially virtual hosts
>>1 Apache process ("instance" - bad word for Apache on c.d.o.server),
>>4 different hostnames.
>>Oops - what you want is even more simple; 1 root, and 3
>>virtual directories! Same comments apply
>

> I've RTFM on apache and Virtual hosts. The 4 different apache
> processes will be supporting 4 different Oracle environments.(Oracle
> has modified Apache files and added its own includes which are
> different from instance to instance)
>
> Also the hostnames MUST REMAIN the same as above because of Verisign
> licensing reasons.

Still don't get the picture.
Use a rewrite to hide the DAD (/pls/dev -> /dev1, /pls/oradev -> /dev1, /pls/testora -> /test, /pls/prod->/) 1 Apache, 4 DADs.
If you got 4 different machines, all of which is running Apache, use virtual hosts; you cannot use the same hostnames for different machines...

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel