Help: Oracle Export and Select Statements

From: Martyn Jones <Martyn.Jones.Uk_at_Ntlworld.com>
Date: 8 Dec 2003 11:09:06 -0800

Hi

Can anyone point me in the direction of exporting an Oracle Database but with a select statement attached to the export command statement.

I can remember reading somewhere that this was possible, but have mislaid the information.

For reference:

I have a database that is over 3Gb in size and when the export file is compressed it is reduced around 1.5Gb. What I am looking for is a way to export and Oracle Database in smaller chunks. I know you can use the TABLES= parameter, but this is of no use to me as I have over 1000 tables.

I am looking to say only export tables name begining A%, B%, C% in one file, tables name begining D%, E%, F% in one file, and tables name begining X%, Y%, Z% in one file.

Is this possible?

Regards

Martyn Jones Received on Mon Dec 08 2003 - 13:09:06 CST