Re: Executing SQL Statements throught ADO

From: Summit <noreply_at_noreply.us>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 15:52:48 GMT

"Summit" <noreply_at_noreply.us> wrote

> "Turkbear" <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com> wrote
> > "Mark Filson" <mfilson29NOSPAM_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> > >A side note: Instead of using the Oracle OLEDB provider, I tried using
> > > the
> > >Microsoft Oracle OLEDB provider and the triggers are created
> > > successfully.
> > >

> > I have found the same thing..
> > I usually think the Driver made by the Database company is better, but I
> > have mostly used Microsoft's for Oracle instead of
> > Oracle's own..( Perhaps Bill is hiding something from Larry ;-) )

Darn laptop mouse - hit it with my thumb and it sent an empty reply winging on its way.

Anyway, I was going to add a trivial 2 cents that I've also found that the MS Oracle driver appears to be the exception to the rule that the software owner makes the better driver. One case in particular is that the MS Oracle driver supports record set parameters while, last I checked, Oracle's did not. Received on Mon Dec 08 2003 - 09:52:48 CST