Re: recompile procedure problem ...

From: Giovanni Azua <bravegag_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 13:40:49 +0100

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for the will to help. I tried the examples bellow to find out what the reason would be e.g. missing role for the user.

declare

   testClob CLOB;
begin

   testClob := to_clob('CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE PRC_AUTOGEN_RULE_1 AS BEGIN dbms_output.put_line(''bloody test''); END;');

   execute immediate

       to_char(testClob);
end;
/

declare

   testClob CLOB;
begin

   testClob := to_clob('CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE PRC_AUTOGEN_RULE_2 AS BEGIN dbms_output.put_line(''bloody test''); END;');

   executeClobDDL(testClob); --// A java JSP that executes a CLOB DDL... end;
/

These two anonymous blocks work perfectly well, the only difference with the OP is that the code here was edited in sqlplus and the OP case was generated from Java. That makes me think about an encoding problem, since the OP PL/SQL code is generated from Java JSP.

Any ideas how to have the generated statement with the right encoding and what the right encoding for the DDL CREATE PROCEDURE statement would be?

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards,
Giovanni