terabytes of storage

From: sir kaber <kaberjobs_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Dec 2003 01:01:24 -0800

Hey, I'm not to familiar with data storage or data backup in the enterprise, etc.. And I was just wondering what kind of companies usually have databases that reach in the terabyte storage marks ? I'm guessing companies that go through millions of customers per day ? But how many companies really do that ? Nokia, Siemens, Microsoft, Sun, basically fortune 500 companies (companies with net incomes of over a 100 million in most cases).

I dunno, just a little bit confused on how companies are collecting so much data in there databases/storage disks. Or just from those companies alone it creates ample demand for seeing the Terabyte mark frequently on the internet ?

Thanks,
-Akbar A.
// personal website: http://vertexabuse.cjb.net
// www.aliansystems.com