Re: Long columns obsolete

From: Burt Peltier <burttemp1ReMoVeThIs_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 21:46:27 -0600

Hmmm .. my mistake.

I just restested and it does appear ok to even to pass the 32767 characters via a varchar2 column in the parameter list between PlSql procedures.

We are using 8.1.7.4.0 on Sun Solaris 8 for the server and 8.1.7.0.0 for the client .

Note: There is a very descriptive message ( PLS-00215 ) if you try to declare a varchar2 variable at 32K (or 32787). It specifically mentions 32767 as the max.

--
"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message

> Burt Peltier wrote:
>
> > Ok... I may be wrong, but I just recently did a lot of testing of the
limits
> > of varchar2 and could have sworn that when passing an argument with 4001
> > characters for a varchar2, I got some kind of error in the call... the
PlSql