Re: Long columns obsolete

From: Burt Peltier <burttemp1ReMoVeThIs_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 16:15:53 -0600

Ok... I may be wrong, but I just recently did a lot of testing of the limits of varchar2 and could have sworn that when passing an argument with 4001 characters for a varchar2, I got some kind of error in the call... the PlSql code was never even envoked I think.

I was looking for a way to pass more than 4000 characters .. not more than 32K .

So, are you saying it is ok to store in memory, but just cannot pass it around (between PlSql units) or store in a table(obviously) ?