Re: Global Temporary Table performance with inserts.

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 18:10:01 -0000

People have been known to use Oracle
for multi-user systems - the fact that you cannot TIME a difference on your simple, single-user test case does not mean the
test case will perform well at high concurrency.

If (for the sake of argument) one option produces one redo entry, and the other option produces 100 redo entries, with corresponding difference in the number of redo allocation latch gets, then there is a potential concurrency issue that may be significant in a highly concurrent system.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

  The educated person is not the person
  who can answer the questions, but the
  person who can question the answers -- T. Schick Jr

One-day tutorials:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/tutorial.html

Three-day seminar:
see http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html