Re: solaris disk performance measue

From: JEDIDIAH <jedi_at_nomad.mishnet>
Date: 5 Dec 2003 12:27:52 -0500

On 2003-12-05, Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za> wrote:
> JEDIDIAH <jedi_at_nomad.mishnet> wrote i
>
>> Please provide more details. What constitutes "using an EMC array as a toilet"?
>>
>> It would be quite handy to be able to avoid such a condition.
>
> I thought it obvious. Irrespective of how good the technology is, it
> is *how* it is used that determines how it performs and deliver.

This is not at all obvious actually. I rather expect that this is just presumption on your part based on what little experience you have with other disk technologies. Technical documentation on EMC products is quite limited. Thus EMC arrays are less well understood by DBAs than they should be.

--
There's no reason not to contribute to the stone soup if those    |||
contributions are not critical to your competitive edge.         / | \