Re: i don't understand

From: Speed Shutter <nospam_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 00:11:34 +0100

Le Sat, 06 Dec 2003 09:42:15 +1100, Howard J. Rogers a écrit :

> "Speed Shutter" <nospam_at_wanadoo.fr> wrote in message

>> I made a sql script to make database but I have an error
>> who could help me ?
>> thanks
>>
>> my script :
>>
>> create database base
>>
>> controlfile reuse
>> logfile group 1 ('/home/oracle/franck/data/disk1/logbase.ora',
>>                 '/home/oracle/franck/data/disk2/logbase.ora',
>>                 '/home/oracle/franck/data/disk3/logbase.ora',
>>                 '/home/oracle/franck/data/disk4/logbase.ora') size 256k,

> 4-way multiplexing of redo logs is admirable, but a bit over the top... and
> likely to cause performance issues. And 256K for a log file is pretty small.
>
>>         group 2 ('/home/oracle/franck/data/disk1/logbase2.ora',
>>                 '/home/oracle/franck/data/disk2/logbase2.ora',
>>                 '/home/oracle/franck/data/disk3/logbase2.ora',
>>                 '/home/oracle/franck/data/disk4/logbase2.ora') size 256k,
>>         group 3 ('/home/franck/oracle/data/disk1/logbase3.ora',
>>                 '/home/franck/oracle/data/disk2/logbase3.ora',
>>                 '/home/franck/oracle/data/disk3/logbase3.ora',
>>                 '/home/franck/oracle/data/disk4/logbase3.ora') size 256k
>>
>> maxlogfiles 4

> A silly setting. You want to leave this at the default of 16. If you ever
> discover your 3 log groups are not sufficient to prevent database stalls,
> you don't exactly have a lot of room to add more.
>
>> maxlogmembers 4
>> maxloghistory 100
>> maxdatafiles 20

> Sure you want this?? Fine, this might be a training database, so who cares.
> But as a matter of good practice, you should put this up into the several
> hundreds. It costs just 180 bytes in the control file per additional file to
> do so.
>
>> maxinstances 1
>>
>> datafile '/home/oracle/franck/data/disk1/sysbase.ora' size 100M autoextend

> off
>
> Not a good idea. First, don't muck around with conventions that are there
> for a good reason. This is the SYSTEM datafile, and ought to be called
> system01.dbf as a result. Files with a ".ora" extension are invariably
> configuration files, and usually text files to boot. SYSTEM is not one of
> them, by either measure.
>
> Second, 100M is never going to be enough for SYSTEM. Set it to 150M.
>
> And third, the one datafile that must never run out of space is SYSTEM.
> Therefore, whilst it is admirable that you don't want the performance
> penalties associated with autoextend, it's plain daft to switch it off for
> SYSTEM.
>

>> noarchivelog
>>
>> character set we8iso8859p1
>> national character set we8iso8859p1;
>>

>> my error :
>> SVRMGR> connect internal
>> Connected.
>> SVRMGR> shutdown immediate
>> ORA-01507: database not mounted
>> ORACLE instance shut down.
>> SVRMGR> startup nomount pfile=/home/franck/oracle/817/dbs/initbase.ora
>> ORACLE instance started.
> [...]

Thanks a lot, for help
here are my variables set :

# .bash_profile

# Get the aliases and functions
if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then

        . ~/.bashrc
fi

# User specific environment and startup programs

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:/sbin/:.:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/home/franck/oracle/817/bin

export PATH
unset USERNAME

export ORACLE_HOME=/home/franck/oracle/817/ export ORACLE_SID=base
export ORA_NLS33=$ORACLE_HOME/ocommon/nls/admin/data

thnaks :-) Received on Fri Dec 05 2003 - 17:11:34 CST