Re: Any way to disable UNDO (rollback) with temporary tables?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 14:58:34 -0800

Joel Garry wrote:

> Why can't a temporary table use nologging if it doesn't need rollback
> but real tables can?
>
> I think there are screwy things behind the scenes that Oracle won't
> 'fess up to. We can only hope they are precursors to great things
> coming and I am just Elmer FUD.
>
> jg
> --
> @home.com is bogus.
> Colymbosathon ecplecticos

Because that's not the way it was built.

That is the best answer you are going to get.

But lets get back to the point here ... you aren't being paid by your employer to re-engineer the RDBMS kernel in a relational database.

What is the business problem?

And whatever it is ... it has nothing to do with temp table rollback.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu