Re: Executing SQL Statements throught ADO

From: Turkbear <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 15:18:35 -0600

"Mark Filson" <mfilson29NOSPAM_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

Snip-------------------

>That's the thing. There aren't any errors generated. It's just that the
>code to create the trigger, which contains the text ' :new ' does not get
>passed to Oracle. All the other ddl script is passed successfully to
>Oracle.
>
>A side note: Instead of using the Oracle OLEDB provider, I tried using the
>Microsoft Oracle OLEDB provider and the triggers are created successfully.

I have found the same thing..
I usually think the Driver made by the Database company is better, but I have mostly used Microsoft's for Oracle instead of Oracle's own..( Perhaps Bill is hiding something from Larry ;-) )

Odd...

I haven't tried much with the v9.2 Oracle OLEDB Provider, maybe they have fixed things.. Received on Fri Dec 05 2003 - 15:18:35 CST