Max connections in multithreaded application

From: Jim <shija03_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 5 Dec 2003 10:24:47 -0800

Is there a limit or parameter in Oracle that controls how many opened connections can a multithreaded process accomodate? In essence I have written a process that opens a connection to Oracle in multithreaded fashion, hence my process will be concurrently connected to the 'same' database multiple times, each time with a different thread all concurrently and the connections ought to be maintained opened during the lifetime of the process.

   I am hitting the problem where my 5th connection errors out indicating not to be able to establish a connection - but while the process is running I can separately connect to the oracle server using sqlplus (multiple times concurrently).

   My platform is Windows 2000 for Oracle and my application too.

   Thank you

   James. Received on Fri Dec 05 2003 - 12:24:47 CST