Physical I/O on a SAN or NAS

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 5 Dec 2003 07:06:26 -0800

We are using an NAS. Are there any conventions to handling Physical I/O distribution on NAS or SANs? They are relatively new. Since we dont control which disk or mount point datafiles go on, we really can't spread out the I/O. Does it matter if we put tables in different datafiles then?

any conventions or articles would be helpful. Received on Fri Dec 05 2003 - 09:06:26 CST