Global Temporary Table performance with inserts.

From: Hector <hmiranda_at_lehman.com>
Date: 5 Dec 2003 06:50:21 -0800

I am using an Oracle Temporary table to generate a tree of data dependencies. I noticed that Inserts are significantly longer into the Temporary table than if I replaced the Global Temporary Table with a permanent table (just as a test case), almost by a factor of 50. The number of rows being inserted are approx. 100. Has any one experienced this issue and what are the workarounds? I am using Oracle 8.1.7 and have created the Global Temporary Table with "on commit preserve rows" clause. Thank you for your help in advance. Received on Fri Dec 05 2003 - 08:50:21 CST