Re: Performance impact of "MONITORING USAGE"

From: Vladimir Andreev <flado_at_imail.de>
Date: 5 Dec 2003 01:36:24 -0800

> Wasn't that statement in relation to table monitoring, not index usage
> monitoring?

You are quite right. Since then, I looked again, and I found the comment on index monitoring. I also measured the overhead: it basically boils down to a single recursive SQL statement executed as part of every hard parse, which adds to the cost of a hard parse. Soft parses are not affected at all.

Both Tom's comment and my test results are posted there: http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:7371091125763 Received on Fri Dec 05 2003 - 03:36:24 CST