Re: solaris disk performance measue

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 4 Dec 2003 22:43:40 -0800

JEDIDIAH <jedi_at_nomad.mishnet> wrote i

> Please provide more details. What constitutes "using an EMC array as a toilet"?
>
> It would be quite handy to be able to avoid such a condition.

I thought it obvious. Irrespective of how good the technology is, it is *how* it is used that determines how it performs and deliver.

Think about things like doing a 1:1 configuration of Unix file systems on EMC disks, as oppose to striping.

No amount of toilet paper will clean such a mess.

--
Billy