RMAN Point In Time Recovery question

From: Latyr <latyr-nospam_at_free.fr>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 16:00:39 +0100

Hello

I have a question about RMAN Pint In Time Recovery way of working. Let's assume this.
I am performing 2 daily (11:00 - 23:00) hot full backups of my production database.
After a month I have so 2x30 backup sets. Let's still assume that I have a 10 days windows retention. So all backupsets older that 10 days have been marked as expired in the repository and then deleted.
So taking the last backup, would I be able to perform a Point In Time Recovery to restore/recover my database in the state it was 25 days ago at 12:55 ?????

Thanks in advance.

Latyr Received on Fri Dec 05 2003 - 09:00:39 CST