Re: Executing SQL Statements throught ADO

From: Mark Filson <mfilson29NOSPAM_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 21:42:49 GMT

"Mark C. Stock" <mcstockX_at_Xenquery .com> wrote in message news:k62dnWY8H6_ENVKiRVn-vg_at_comcast.com...
> The error that's occurring is as follows:
>

> | ***************************
> | Err.Number = -2147217900
> | Err.Description = ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into
> | ("IMAGEDB"."APPLICATION_SETTINGS"."ID")
> | SQL Statement : INSERT INTO IMAGEDB.APPLICATION_SETTINGS (type, name
> | ,setting, description, section, editable) VALUES ('FLAG', 'TEST', '1',
> | 'Description', 'Section', '1') failed.
> | ***************************
> |
> | I know why the error's occurring. The table 'APPLICATION_SETTINGS' has
> | field called ID that is defined as NOT NULL. Because the 'BEFORE INSERT'
> | trigger is not being created, this error is being generated. If I
> manually
> | create the trigger in SQL PLUS and then manually run the above SQL
> | statement, it works. The question I have though, is why doesn't the
> trigger
> | get created in the first place. Like I said, ADO doesn't show any
errors
> | being generated, so it thinks the trigger is created successfully.
> |

> gotcha -- i though the trigger was being created both thru ADO and
SQL*Plus

> what other types of statements of are failing? do other DDL statements
> succeed? it's been a while since i've done ADO, but could it be that you
> need use a different ADO method for DDL statements vs DML?
>
> -- mcs

Hi,

The only statements that seem to fail (although) no errors are thrown, are the ones that create triggers that make references to Sequences. The sequences themselves are created but the triggers aren't. Other triggers are created successfully though. It's really wierd. Received on Thu Dec 04 2003 - 15:42:49 CST