Executing SQL Statements throught ADO

From: Mark Filson <mfilson29NOSPAM_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 20:02:25 GMT

Hi All,

Here's the issue I'm having... I have a VB COM component that is used to parse SQL files and apply them to an instance of Oracle. Most of the statements in the sql file work but a few don't. Here is an example of an offending one:

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER TR_SEQ_APPLICATION_SETTINGS AFTER INSERT OR UPDATE ON APPLICATION_SETTINGS FOR EACH ROW
BEGIN
    SELECT SEQ_APPLICATION_SETTINGS.nextval INTO :new.ID FROM dual; END TR_SEQ_APPLICATION_SETTINGS;
/

The Sequence that's referenced is created successfully and my code says that the trigger is created (ie, no errors are thrown), but when I attempt to insert a bunch of values into the table APPLICATION_SETTINGS, errors are generated. Is there something about the syntax of this create statement thats wrong. For what it's worth, the above statement can be run in SQL PLUS successfully and the trigger is created.

Cheers. Received on Thu Dec 04 2003 - 14:02:25 CST