Oracle in AIX question

From: Sherman H. <shung1099_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 18:15:51 GMT

I was thinking of removing some unnecessary user accounts in the AIX such as guest, uucp, nobody, etc. However, the system admin indicated that they need the guest account is required as standard installation for Oracle as first contact to retrieve further authentication. The configuration is like GUEST_USER_PWD = guest/guest.

I feel for security reason this is not a good idea. However, can I suggest other option to replace this in Oracle? Received on Thu Dec 04 2003 - 12:15:51 CST