Re: Acessing data - security versus ease of use

From: Snid <snid_at_snider.sno>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 14:46:03 +1000

Hi Daniel,

your post didn't appear on the news server I'm using for some reason, but I noticed it from this post. Maybe 9i databases offer some extra security, but I noticed that you mentioned that you never let anyone connect with ODBC so how does the version of oracle affect the answer? By the way, we are using oracle 9.2.0.4 on solaris 8, but how does this change the answer? If I was using oracle 8.1.7.4 on Windows 2000 would that change your solution? You mentioned that there are plenty of solutions, so it would be great if you could list just a few.