Re: Any way to disable UNDO (rollback) with temporary tables?

From: Michael J. Moore <NOhicamelSPAM_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 03:04:52 GMT

Well, I have not read the book and I am just a novice, but I understand NetComrade when he says he does not need the data in UNDO. From a high level logical perspective there would seem to be no need to roll back a temp table when it can just be chucked. So, what else is being stored in the UNDO related to temp table transactions. Maybe there are some bit maps that need to be rolled back? I believe that UNDO is required for inserts into temp, but I'd like to understand why?
Mike Received on Wed Dec 03 2003 - 21:04:52 CST