Re: exec STATSPACK.SNAP renders ORA-03113

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 3 Dec 2003 16:49:03 -0800

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:<3fcbb925$0$13682$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...
> "Wilson Guerrero-Coltters" <wcoltters_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Well, you're on the initial release of Oracle 9i Release 1, and although the
> bug-fix has been back-ported to 9.0.1 (according to Metalink, anyway), that
> certainly will require the application of a patch before you get the
> benefit. From memory, I believe they're up to 9.0.1.0.4.
>
> > Any suggestions welcome.
> >
> > PS: We don't have access to metalink
>
> Er, well, then you're stuffed. Because patches can only be gotten from
> Metalink as far as I know. Presumably this isn't a licensed system, then?

You need a license to get on metalink, but not being on metalink does not mean you don't have a license. It could mean you have management problems, though.

I always emphasize to my customers how important metalink access is, but if they don't have it right away ("CSI? Invoice from Oracle? We got our license through a service company that went away..."), that doesn't mean I don't help them. But it does mean a lot of cya, if yaknowwhattamean. Including them paying me to tell them they need it.  I've been amazed at how difficult it can be to get Oracle to just send a bill so the willing customer will cut them a check. Fortunately support can open a tar with a temporary CSI in these situations, but not initially online.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.redhat.com/solutions/industries/education/products/