Re: I'm looking for an Oracle Developer/Programmer position, I'm willing to re-locate.

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 3 Dec 2003 15:53:55 -0800

"Michael J. Moore" <NOhicamelSPAM_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:<ScVyb.704$_M.9853_at_attbi_s54>...
> Well, at the risk of digging my self in even deeper;
> my intent was not to SHOW anybody. I really hope Lee can find a job and I
> was attempting to be helpful. I know what being out of work is like, having
> been axed at Worldcom. I understand the desperation that would lead one to
> spam news groups. It took me 9 months hard work to find a new job in Silicon
> Valley and I have lots of friends still out of work. (Economic recovery my
> ###!) I hope that Lee understands that grammar and spelling are important
> when looking for a job, not so much for their own sake, but because failure
> to concern oneself with these matters can be perceived by potential
> employers as a sign of laziness and lack of attention to detail.

I give up on worrying about such things when I see some of the stoooopid things hiring managers do to winnow the stacks. The latest one to get my goat is an article I saw in the paper where the manager said she wants HR to always give her the envelopes the resume came in, to check if the applicant used a postal meter to put postage on it. If so, resume roundfiled, the assumption being the person used current employment resources to find a new job.

@#%@#%$&*#$! Maybe the person was using a job-finding resource after they were laid off! Or maybe they have their own meter (Pitney-Bowes does rent them to consumers, under $20/month, postage downloadable). My nephew the corporate lawyer sent out over 1000 resumes his last time through the wringer, and I guarantee you he knows about appearances and detail. I think he got 6 responses, of which half were reasonable.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.comics.com/creators/charlie/archive/charlie-20031113.html