Re: export tuning

From: Tanel Poder <change_to_my_first_name_at_integrid.info>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 18:29:51 +0200

Export to different disk you're reading from.

Use direct=y
If not using direct mode, set db_file_multiblock_read_count high (for exp session using logon trigger).

If exporting over network, set your SDU settings to the max allowable (depending on MTU).

Tanel.

"NetComrade" <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net> wrote in message news:3fce0253.3460644453_at_nyc.news.speakeasy.net...
> besides things already suggested..
>
> consider partitioning the table, and exporting monthly/weekly data
> (however you please to partition).
>
> If IO is a bottleneck, you can try gzipping on the fly (through a
> pipe).
>

> On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 09:04:49 -0000, "Tom"
> <tomNOSPAM_at_teameazyriders.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have a daily export running and although one of the tables has around 6
million rows in it the data is mainly just clickstream
> >style data, so navigation path through site type data etc.
> >
> >As a result the export takes around 7 hours which seems way too long and
as this table will only grow what tuning parameters are