optimizer (9i) solaris

From: Mark <marksgnga_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Dec 2003 20:33:15 -0800

Summary of situation:

First, I am not the DBA for this box (I have user level access). I ask the DBA if he could suggest what could cause a sudden shift in performance. He had no (useful) answer. There may be a lot of possibilities here. I realy want to understand what is going on here. I can provide more detail if necessary. I partly suspect the DBA made a change and either doesn't know it or won't fess up. I'm hoping there is some other explaination ... 'learning optimizer'(ha!), etc. Why did the reboot change/reset things?

Thanks in an advance for any guidance,
Mark Received on Tue Dec 02 2003 - 22:33:15 CST