Re: Changing isolation level?

From: mcstock <_at_>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 16:29:56 -0500

refer to the SET TRANSACTION statement in the SQL Reference manual

relevant options are: ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLE and ISOLATION LEVEL READ COMMITTED (default)

doesn't look like ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLE does what you want

you'll also want to carefully review the sections on Data Concurrency and Consistency in the Concepts manual

however, do you really want writers to block readers? lower thruput?