Re: Sparc Mhz vs. Intel Mhz for Oracle

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 20:33:32 GMT

NetComrade wrote:

> What's windows?
>
> Suse or RedHat.
> We are CPU bound, that's why I am concerned. I know it's not an
> apples-to-applies comparison, hence asking if anyone has done it :).

Ah!

Do you run X? Using a remote X-server? With our without local X-server? If local, with an X Desktop or just X services?

I generally don't like benchmarks (too artificial .... vendors can and do twist it). However I believe the SpecIntMark stuff provides a relatively decent comparison of a variety of situations. check http://www.spec.org

/Hans Received on Tue Dec 02 2003 - 14:33:32 CST