Re: Any way to disable UNDO (rollback) with temporary tables?

From: Phil Kaufman <philk_at_dbcsmartsfotware.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 13:29:54 -0500

If I may quote the Oracle guru himself, Thomas Kyte, in his book expert one-on-one Oracle in a chapter called Redo and Rollback:

"The most important things to take away from this chapter are the importance of redo and rollback, and the fact that they are not overhead - they are in fact integral components of the database, they are necessary and mandatory."

Pick up a copy of the book, give a read, and listen to what Thomas and Daniel here are trying to tell you. ;-)