Re: Index vs. table scans in statspack reports

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman_at_RE-MO-VE.BountifulSolutions.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 08:18:17 +0000

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 16:52:19 +0000, Pete Finnigan wrote:

> Hi Rick,
>
> Not sure if it is relevant in your case as it sounds like you may be
> limited to system wide changes only but you may want to take a look at
> Cary Millsaps new book "optimizing oracle performance" published by
> O'Reilly. It looks at how to identify the right business processes to tune
> rather than system wide reports and then he shows how to obtain the
> correct data to analyse using the wait interface and.... well anyway you
> get the picture.
>
> kind regards
>
> Pete

I'm waiting on mine to come from Amazon - it's a Christmas present this year :o) (Plus Tom'e new book, plus RMAN for 9i book, plus QT programming. What a 'sad' Christmas I'll be having :o)

Cheers,
Norm.

PS. Seasonal joke coming up :

Darth Vadar : "I know what you are getting for Christmas Luke !" Luke Skywalker : "How can you tell ?"
DV : "I felt your presents !"

ND : Sorry :o)

--
Delete the obvious bit from my email address to reply by email.