solaris disk performance measue

From: anoda <jfraczek_at_poczta.neostrada.pl>
Date: 30 Nov 2003 04:32:28 -0800

We have just recently bought a Clarion array (EMC) and I would like to measure performance of the array. I have several Solaris8 Sun 280R sparcstations and plan to install ORACLE 9 engine.
I did many tests using iozone, bonnie ++ tools and iostat in Solaris. The results are sometimes surprising (Clariion is very slow).
WOuld you please suggest what kind
of tests (tools) are used in deeper
evaluation of disk arrays for oracle ?

Thank you Received on Sun Nov 30 2003 - 06:32:28 CST