Re: Case insensitive queries

From: Hans Forbrich <hans.forbrich_at_telus.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 23:12:35 GMT

Galen Boyer wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Nov 2003, forbrich_at_tyahoo.net wrote:
> >
> >> Please tell me any of this discussion has anything to do with
> >> lousy design? This "lousy design" mantra is something thrown
> >> out by people to somehow let their argument have more merit.
> >> Where is the lousy design in wanting Oracle to remove this
> >> limitation?
> >>

> > My comments are directly from experience and reflect my
> > frustration with developers in general who haven't bothered to
> > learn how to develop anything past rapid prototyping.
> >
> > Don't take it personally. Unless the shoe fits.
>
> As I suspected, you don't have an answer for using this as your
> argument.

Said it before - I don't see this as a limitation & thus I don't 'need it removed'. You do.

In terms of lousy design, I've already indicated that a view should be sufficient to manage the case difference. If you & your organization needs a different view for each possible 'upper case' search, then - based on apparent similarity with other projects I've seen - I'm not convinced there is a design behind this as much as a growth. Received on Sat Nov 29 2003 - 17:12:35 CST