Oracle7 for Sun Solaris available anywhere?

From: Paul Vallee <vallee_at_pythian.com>
Date: 29 Nov 2003 09:19:12 -0800

Hello,

I am trying to scrounge up the software install for Oracle 7.3.4 on Sun Solaris. The customer is licensed but can not find the CDs. The project is to recover an old v7 backup and extract the data within it, dating from early 2001.

However, only 8.1 is installed on the server now, and it does not grok the controlfiles and datafiles at all. The odma and mig utilities of course want the Oracle7 software to be installed somewhere to perform the upgrade.

I found and installed 7.3.3 software and it won't open this database either.

Result: I can't open this db at all.

I'm writing to see if anyone knows where oracle7 for sun solaris can be downloaded online, or barring that, if anyone would be willing to tar up their installation, and put it online compressed so I can download it.

If you can help, please email me asap.

Thanks,
Paul Received on Sat Nov 29 2003 - 11:19:12 CST