Re: Duplicate database using OEM

From: Ronald Rood <devnull_at_ronr.nl>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 14:56:16 +0100

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:19:59 +0100, Dave wrote (in message <78cf0572.0311280819.46a80618_at_posting.google.com>):

> Ronald Rood <devnull_at_ronr.nl> wrote in message
>

>> The target is the database you backup to copy it, or have backed up
>> before.
>> The auxiliary database is the clone to produce. It's not that difficult to

> Thanks Ron, I just wanted to be sure so I didn't blow away the wrong
> database. The biggest question I had was which database should be the
> target of the job. I managed to figure it out but there are some bugs
> with 8i so it can't be done. They are supposed to be resolved in 9i.
>
> Basically when duplicating a database you have to make sure two
> environment variables are set. NLS_LANG and NLS_DATE_FORMAT. Since
> you can't do this in an rman script I was forced to specify to_date in
> the set until clause. This doesn't work because of a bug.
>
> So for now, i'm just going to call an OS script from an rman job. I
> don't think this database will make it (decommissioned hopefully) to
> 9i so its good enough. I'd just prefer to have nothing sitting on the
> OS other than the IA.

You can set env in OEM jobs. Not 100% sure about unix but on windows you can run a tcl script before the rman that sets the env vars you want. The tcl is just 1 big process that starts the other tasks. set ENV(NLS_DATE_FORMAT) "yyyymmdd hh24:mi:ss" You could also make sure the environment is present in the dbsnmp's process. I use 9.2.0.4 agents on - mostly - 8.1.7.4 databases. What bug hit you ?

--
With kind regards,
Ronald