Re: Case insensitive queries

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_tyahoo.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 05:18:30 GMT

Galen Boyer wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Nov 2003, forbrich_at_tyahoo.net wrote:
>
> > Yes, they do. Not saying this should be ignored. Just
> > suggesting that there are (IMO) acceptable workarounds that
> > take this a long way back from "Oracle is bad, let's panic"
> > level.
>
> You are misreading the thread. Who is panicking or calling
> Oracle bad? It has a limitation, so what? Admit it and move
> on.

You find it 'almost unacceptable'. You also mention the 'web-developer vs database guy'. You also mention that you have to implement a solution column by column. To me that suggests the issue may be non-technical.

I find it a non-issue.

You think it's a limitation. So - it's a limitation.

Let's move on. Received on Fri Nov 28 2003 - 23:18:30 CST