fetching from V$SQL_PLAN doesn't return

From: MAK <maks70_at_comcast.net>
Date: 27 Nov 2003 22:31:29 -0800

Hello,

I am trying to get sql plan from v$sql_plan based on address & hash values but the query never returns. I used following query. I saw my session was alway waiting for ' SQL*Net message to client' event. I am runnning 9.2.0.3 on AIX 5.1.

select lpad(' ', 2*(level-1))||operation||' '|| decode(id, 0, 'Cost = '||position) "OPERATION", options, object_name
from v$sql_plan
where address = '&addr' and
hash_value = 'hvalue'
start with id = 0
connect by prior id = parent_id

If I remove, "start with id = 0 connect by prior id = parent_id " , the query comes back rightaway.

Any idea how to get around this. I'm trying to get explain plan in nicely formated fashion. Any other alternatives are welcome.

Thanks Received on Fri Nov 28 2003 - 00:31:29 CST