Re: Oracle Application Server

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_badaddress.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 23:09:59 GMT

siu02rk wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have just installed Oracle 9I database on my computer. Should I now
> install the Oracle Application Server? What does it do?
>
> Thanks

If you think of Oracle9i Database as the 'Content Management' piece, you could consider Oracle9i Application Server as the 'Content Access' piece. And Oracle9i Developer Suit4e as 'Content Control'

Best to review http://otn.oracle.com to get some details about App. Server as it's a fairly big beast. A decent overview is available at http://www.oracle.com/appserver/index.html?pkgsum.html

And, of course, your licensing situation overrides all! App Server is not included as part of the database license. Received on Thu Nov 27 2003 - 17:09:59 CST