Re: Accessing data from an MS access db from an Oracle UNIX server

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 19:39:05 +0100

On 27 Nov 2003 09:45:13 -0800, andrea_at_mun.ca (Andrea M. Segovia) wrote:

>"User
>and management education" is probably a better way to address this,
>but in my experience, this does not happen overnight.

I think you are wrong. Most of the people responding here have been suffering for years from people who don't have any experience and are asked by management (which doesn't have a clue about databases either) to design a database. Experience dictates those 'developers' usually know better and don't *want* to be educated. They can point and click and that is sufficient. On the other hand if they want to be educated they leave the company before getting anywhere, after which they are replaced by someone else inexperienced, leaving you with their mess. To get through to these people the only thing which helps is getting quite explicit. If that might be considered as 'rude', so be it.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA