Re: How to test to VARCHAR2's for equality EFFICIENTLY ?

From: Tanel Poder <change_to_my_first_name_at_integrid.info>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 14:04:10 +0200

> I'm also curious about the 'context switch' bit -
> it gets mentioned from time to time, but there
> really isn't a "context switch" in the normal
> meaning of the term - it's all happening without
> interruption in the oracle executable. Can
> you clarify what it is that is considered to be the
> context switch in that case ?

In Oracle docs, there is some description about context switch between plsql engine which executes the procedural code and sql engine, which retrieves rows.
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/appdev.920/a96624/05_colls.htm#23723

So this is an Oracle context switch, not OS/hardware context switch..

Tanel. Received on Thu Nov 27 2003 - 06:04:10 CST